Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Some Progress...

So here's how far along the sculpt is:


She is to be a 28mm near-future cop in a skin-tight suit and protective body armor.

The reason why I chose a skin tight suit is so that I get the chance to practise sculpting the female anatomy. This way, I don't have to resort to nudity. In any case, this is supposed to be a wargames piece and nudity and war seldom go together (at least my limited experience of soldiering tells me this. Feel free to correct me).

The feeling thus far has been good. I've been reminding myself to keep things small (in terms of volume of putty each time I sculpt) and have been keeping to it. There is this temptation always  to use too much putty.

The latest parts added are the back of the boots. I'm not so sure about them at the moment and have been using my imagination to sculpt what I want. I think I will Google some ladies' boots and redo them later instead. The more I look at it, the more I don't like it.

So another lesson I learnt in the process of sculpting is if something is sticking on that you don't like, that is dragging the whole thing down, cut it off and try again. Just like in life, if something is pulling you down, cut it out and try something else. In the words of Thomas Edison, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

No comments:

Post a Comment