Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

In the beginning...

So after all these years pottering around with miniature models and their associated games, I have decided to start a blog. 'Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear...' one might think. I have thus far been rather resistant to starting a blog for it has just seemed to be so much of the self-aggrandisation (my nice way of putting it) that is the hallmark of the Age of the Social Networking.

So why a blog, and why now?

Well, I want to keep a diary of sorts. Now that the twin phoenixes of Facebook and Twitter have arisen from the ashes of the blogosphere, and now that I have examined my motives for keeeping a blog, I feel that it is a good time for me to start one. Mixed in with the posts of my efforts in the world of miniature models will be some of my thoughts about the world around me. Why? Well, it is perhaps a vain hope, but one day, if my children ever wonder what went on in their old man's mind, they can find something here worth reading.

I don't always have something insightful to say and when sometimes I feel like I do, it turns out I don't. And even if I did, I may not always want it out there. However, if this blog was merely about my thoughts, it would look quite sad and threadbare. So I felt it to be a good idea to combine a hobby of mine to fill in the spaces in between.

And so here I am, off on a journey like that famous hobbit. I may not change the fate of Middle Earth and I probably do not want to but for whatever it is worth, here is my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment