Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nearing Completion

The upper half of my first ever chibi sculpt is more or less done. I will of course have to go over the whole thing again before baking but it is there. I am currently working on the bottom half, which has the initial markings for the chainmail interior and trim for the outer scale armor partially marked out. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Clay is relatively non elastic and crumbly compared to epoxy putty and I strongly suspect not very good for sculpting the hands of the thing so I will be using Procreate for that after baking. So yes, there is still a fair bit to go (hands and weapon) but still, it is reaching completion and that is at least one reason to be happy. If there are some people who like the end result, well, more to be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment